Mast o Khiar or Persian Yoghurt Dip
Mast o Khiar is much like the well known Greek dish Tzatziki although made using slightly different ingredients and is used as an accompliment to meals in the same way. It’s also a great dip for the buffet table, with drinks and a lovely appetizer when served with naan or flat bread.
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 3 cups of slightly sour low fat plain yoghurt
- 2 desert spoons of dried mint
- a dash of lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- As sprig of fresh mint, walnuts, or slices of radish to decorate
- Chop the cucumber into small pieces or grate
- Combine the yoghurt, cucumber and mint and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and I add a dash of lime juice but this is personal taste.
- Pour into a serving dish and chill
- Decorate before serving.
Serve with naan or flat bread.