Kookoo sabzi or Herb omelette
Protein packed and full of healthy fresh green herbs and nothing could be easier than making kookoo. Kookoo makes a great lunch or light supper or even something to take out with you on a picnic as it can be eaten hot or cold and both are equally delicious. Kookoo can be made in less than 30 mins and cooked either in the oven or in a pan on the cooker, which ever you prefer.
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of advieh
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of coriander ( if you prefer you can use dried herbs, simply use 1/2 the amount and soak in water first. Remember to squeeze the water from the herbs before you use them)
- 1 cup of parsley
- 1 cup of dill
- a tablespoon of fenugrek
- 1 onion thinly sliced or grated
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Take the six eggs and place them in a mixing bowl
- Add the salt, pepper, advieh and baking powder and beat well
- Sift the flour and beat into the mix
- Add the chopped herbs, chopped onion and crushed garlic and mix well.
- If your going to cook in the oven, put it on at about 200.c.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil into a baking dish and put into the oven to warm
- When ready add, add the kookoo mix into the bowl and leave to cook for about 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, add a little more oil if needed and leave to cook for a further 10- 15 mins until set and nicely cooked.
Serve with mast ( natural yoghurt) and a fresh salad.