Everyone loves this khoresht. It packed full of vitamins and nutrients and is totally delicious for any occasion. It’s time consuming if you want to make it from scratch but if you follow my suggestions for freezing herbs for this recipe, or use dried herbs it cuts the time drastically.
- 500 gr’s of lamb
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3-4 whole dried limes
- 2 cups sabzi for Khoresht e Ghormeh sabzi
- red kidney beans a tin of
- salt and pepper
- Wash the kidney beans
- chop the onion
- cube the meat
- If you use dried herbs, soak in water for 10 minutes. Then squeeze the herbs with your hands until the water is gone and put to one side.
- Fry the onion in a little oil until golden
- Add the meat and begin to brown
- Add turmeric, salt and pepper mix and allow to brown off
- Add enough hot water to cover
- Add the dried limes. I usually make two small insertions on the limes with the tip of a knife.
- Cook for about an hour and a half until the meat is tender.
- Add the pre frozen herbs or
- Heat a frying pan without water or oil, take the herbs you put to one side earlier and cook the water off, you should see a lot of steam. When the steam stops, add a little oil and fry until dark and add to the meat.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Finally about 20 mins before serving add the kidney beans.
Serve with white rice, mast or natural yoghurt and a salad.
Nooshi joonet. Enjoy