The sun is shinning and my thoughts turn to sharbat e ablimu, such a refreshing drink for hot weather such as we are enjoying ( for a change) here in the UK. It couldn’t be easier to make and by making the concentrate or syrup instead of following the traditional recipes for lemonade, you will have enough to last for a week.
~~SHAHBAT E ABLIMU~~ LIME ONADE ~~
- 10 cups of sugar ( ochhh not for those watching their weight )
- 4 cups of water
- The juice of 20 fresh limes or lemons
- Squeeze the limes by first rolling them on a hard surface with your hands, then extract the juice in the normal way … engage someone with strong hands! It gets tiring.
- Place the sugar and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the fresh lime juice passing it through a strainer into the sugary water
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. it should have become a thicker syrupy mixture.
- Allow to cool
- Store in a clean bottle with a lid and keep in the fridge.
- In a jug, add 1 cup of syrup to 3/4 pint of water and mix well. You may want it stronger so just increase the amount of syrup.
- Add a few ice cubes and decorate with a sprig of mint and sliced limes
~Nooshi joonet ~